Friday, October 21, 2011

Weigh in 2:39

I had to do a little math today to figure out what the title of this weigh in is  6 missed weeks.  Here is the damage:

Current Weight: 295.6 lbs
Starting Weight: 440.2 lbs
Weight Loss This Week: -6.2 lbs
Weight Loss in Year 2: -10.4 lbs
Weight Loss Total: 144.6 lbs

I went back and looked at my weigh in from this week last year and I was at 293.8, so the past year has been a wash.  I will say this:  I have maintained a reasonably healthy lifestyle, I have not backtracked, I have had a couple of good gigs, and I think I have finally pushed through the burnout I have been dealing with.  The past six weeks have been "the deep breath before the plunge" to quote Tolkien.  I  feel the need not to rationalize my actions, but to "jujitsu" the admitted failures into a springboard for positive action moving forward. I think I can do that.  I had 4 great days this week, and I probably salvaged 3 or 4 pounds by getting back on track earlier in the week.  My show closes Sunday, and the rental season is slowing, so a re-commitment to the principals that succeeded last year should be within my power.  A renewed focus on physical health needs to be there as well, so walks and workouts need to pick up.  I know that very quickly I can get back to my low water mark and beyond.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you quoted Tolkien, and I definitely think you have the right attitude! You still lost almost 150 pounds, and maintained that for a year! That's incredible, and I'm proud of you :) not to mention your gigs!

    ReplyDelete