Thursday, October 24, 2013

Weigh Ins 4:30-32

Friends, it has been an interesting few weeks, but overall successful.  I finished my run of my evening show, I rehearsed and opened a kid's show, and got through an illness. My knee is still giving me problems, so exercise is severely limited.  I weighed in today at 482.6, which is almost 2 pounds in the last 3 weeks.  This is not great progress, but it is movement in the right direction, at just over half a pound a week.

My focus right now is on healthier eating in regards to my cardiovascular health.  I have new doctor who is going to help me stabilize my blood pressure, but I need to make sure I'm doing my part on the home front.  Losing weight is part of that, but reducing salt and other undesirable nutrients is first on the list.  My hope is that one will lead to the other, and that by reducing the things that give me trouble with blood pressure I will have overall better meals and start losing a bit more weight.

On the exercise front I have to be smart right now.  I need to give my knee at least this week to rest up and get healed and then start working in some moderate movement to keep up the strength.  Mindfulness and building better habits are going to be key moving forward and will set me up for better results through the year end.  I would love to be under 350 for the new year, and I think this is a very reachable goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment