Saturday, March 13, 2010

Weigh in #7

It is time again for The Amazing Shrinking Actor! One more week goes the way of the dinosaurs and so do a few more pounds. I think I am starting to find a pace that works for me and my metabolism. I am not depriving myself and I am rarely hungry except when I am supposed to be. It is not too exciting to write about, but I feel I am getting into a nice routine. I think that is an important step to making my choices today part of my lifestyle in the future. Here are this week's numbers:

Current Weight: 404.8 lbs
Starting Weight: 440.2 lbs
Weight Loss This Week: 4.8 lbs
Weight Loss Total: 35.4 lbs

I did not get under 400 this week, but I should next week and I am really looking forward to that. The 4-5 pound range seems to be where I hit when I am eating right, indulging in a couple of things every now and then, and getting some exercise 2-3 times a week. Since I always try to get more exercise than that I think I can shoot a bit higher some weeks as well. It may be a fool's errand to try to get consistency in my weight loss when so many factors go into it, but something tells me that if I am consistent I have the best chance of my body staying with the program.

Keep It Simple

I am thankful to my cousin R.J. for extolling me to include more pictures on the blog. I have really enjoyed posting some of my kitchen experiments and successes. I think it is something I will continue to do because it makes me get in the kitchen and make something new. That kind of forced variety makes it that much easier for me to stay on plan. When my mouth gets bored it asks things like candy and fried chicken, so variety for me is the spice of success. This week I whipped up a decently healthy chicken salad. It took a bit more mayo than I thought it would to hold it together, but I included a lot of celery, onion, and green pepper for flavor and texture and I also threw in a diced granny smith apple for sweetness. I then seasoned the salad with a good measure of curry powder, some garlic, some ginger powder, and a lot of pepper. It turned out very tasty, and on whole grain wheat, toasted, with a bit of Dijon mustard and a side of veggie chips it makes a heck of a lunch.


That's all for this edition. Tune in next time for more from...The Amazing Shrinking Actor!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Chase!! That is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are also some awesome lo-cal and delicious things out there I've been discovering ... Arnold's make a "Sandwich Thin" that is an awesome thing to use instead of regular bread, and Trader Joe's has these fantastic blueberry bran muffins that are only 100 calories and very satisfying!

    Hugs,

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete