Saturday, August 21, 2010

Weigh in #30

Well, we all knew someday this would happen.  I get a bit complacent, I get a bit too busy to exercise as much as I should, and I indulge in a few items that are incompatible with a weight loss plan, and this is what happens.

Current Weight: 319.6 lbs
Starting Weight: 440.2 lbs
Weight Loss This Week: -0.6 lbs
Weight Loss Total: 120.6 lbs

It is frustrating, because I did not think this week was that bad.  I still have not been good about logging my food, so i was probably deluding myself about portion sizes.  I did go out for a couple beers Thursday with the cast, which was a calculated risk, but with the other bad habits this week i did not have room for that risk.  There were some extenuating circumstances.  Rehearsal really cut into exercise time and since this week was mostly blocking there was not a whole lot of exertion there.  I was on a roll midweek and was already down about 1.5 pounds, but some digestive sickness forced me to take a medicine that really caused me to retain water...and other stuff.  That is probably TMI already, so I will leave it there.  I can't pretend that it is all (or even mostly) down to those circumstances though.  I have not been as diligent as I could have been, or have been in the successful weeks. If it is madness to do the same thing and expect different results, then it is probably equally crazy to switch things up and expect the same results.  Starting last night I really buckled down, logged my calories, got out for a jog, and  saw that even on a day that I thought was better than most of the week I was around 2200 calories before exercise.  Not awful, and I did lose weight over the past few days, but not enough to balance out.  I am going to go ahead and treat this week like a dip on a springboard.  I may not be going the direction I want now, but it will vault me higher once I get going the right way.  Expect greatness this week.

4 comments:

  1. Keep working at it and you get where you want to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you said Chase, this day had to come at some point....its now how you react to it and move on with new conviction. We are all so proud of you for what youve done and what you still have to do to achieve youre goals.

    Uncle Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great attitude about this. It was going to come at some point. Just reset and imagine that this is week 1 of the diet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh right there with you, bro. The best advice I took from reading your blog is to not succumb to failure, but to look at it as a lesson. "This is what happens if..." and all that. So thanks...

    ReplyDelete