Saturday, August 3, 2013

Weigh In 4:20

Decent week.  I am a bit behind in posting due to a combination of things, including booking a show!  I will be performing in Route 66 at Metropolis PAC in Arlington Heights this fall.  I get to sing, dance, and even play a little guitar.  Back to the weigh in, I ended up at 388.4 on the new scale, which is a loss of two pounds.  I was able to get back my small gain and then some, and considering I still have the difficulty of a night shift job I feel pretty good about that.  I did not work out beyond walking on my lunch breaks, so I have lots of room for improvement there.  This week I will have my first meeting with an acquaintance who is a personal trainer, and I hope she can give me some techniques and workouts that will be effective in boosting my metabolism and building a little bit of strength.  Given the difficulty I have had thus far I am hoping this is the missing link between me and some good results.

A new month means new goals.  I am going to keep them ambitious, as there is no reason to be anything but bold when setting goals.  I would like to get to 375 by the end of this month, which gives me about 5 weeks to lose 13+ pounds.  That is big, but very doable.  My friend Sam has given me the extra motivation of a possible theme park trip in Florida next summer, and I want to get back on some roller coasters.  That is going to take big weight loss, and as slowly as things have gone so far this year (less than 30 pounds in 6 months) I know I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment