Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Weigh in 4:12

     Okay!  I took a few weeks "off" due to a big road trip to Texas.  I left pretty early on a Wednesday, which is of course weigh in day.  I did get to weigh myself but did not get to write a post.  I weighed in at 392 exactly that morning, which was a very small loss.  As I get more used to the side effects of my new medications I am coming to realize that this is the new normal.  There will always be more that I can do to get better results, but the fact that I am still losing weight on a drug that causes weight gain is a success that I will own.

     So, the trip was not my greatest moment as a healthy eater.  For most of the trip there wasn't a lot I could do.  I went home to do a benefit performance for my high school theater teacher and the department.  Well, three straight days with ridiculous, and I mean insane, rehearsal responsibilities meant: 1. moms were buying pizza and kolaches for everyone to eat, for which I was grateful to have something to eat, but not for my diet, and 2. called for quite a bit of drinking.  At that point it was just medicine and I do not feel bad about it at all.  By the time I got back to Chicago I had stabilized things a bit, but on Friday morning a quick check on the scale had me up around 395, which was not what I was hoping for.

    This morning when I got on the scale things had changed a bit, and for the good.  I weighed in at 390.6 this morning, which is only 1.4 pounds down from my last "official" weigh in 2 weeks ago, but about 4-5 pounds down from this Friday when I did my status check, which is the light I am going to choose to see it in.

     A big positive this week, and something I intend to take forward with me, is my goal management.  One of my biggest bugaboos is getting overwhelmed by everything there is to be done.  Whether it is cleaning my apartment, doing all it takes to be successful and make a career as an actor, or any of the other thousands of things we all want to do with our lives I see the distance to the finish line and how little I have done and I get discouraged.  It seems impossible and I quit.  I am not proud of it, but there it is.  This week I managed to completely clean my apartment for probably the first time since I have been living here.  I made a huge list of every little task I had to do.  There was a lot, but it was manageable.  I was able to get going on a task and if that got boring or overwhelming I had a list of other things I could switch off too.  As things got done I could cross them off the list, and as I crossed more and more tasks off the list the list got smaller.  I was able to build momentum rather than feel was pushing a rock up a hill that would roll down on me at any second. I have talked about my personal inertial in the past and this time I was able to put that tendency to my advantage.  I had a great week.  I really feel I am moving in the right direction in many aspects of my life and I know that attitude is going to lead to better results here.  Under 390 next week.  I am looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. Rah! Rah! Rah! You Go, Chaser, we are all proud of you! LYMTA

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO impressive. Particularly since we all contributed to your momentary "gain" last week. Great to see you and a great performance as well.

    Onward!

    ReplyDelete