Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Test For A Cause, and 30%.

Big week.  Monday night I committed to running in the Komen Race for the Cure on September 25th.  Many of you know I lost my mom to cancer almost 9 1/2 years ago.  Though it wasn't breast cancer I have a friend who went through a similar experience this year and she started a team for the race.  I had to participate.  It is a bit of a test of my health because I am "running" a 5k.  My evening walks are usually longer than that, but I walk those.  Here I will be trying to speed it up a bit.  Starting this Friday (rehearsals take up a lot of my time)  I will map out a 5k course near home and start pushing it a bit to see how I do.  You may notice that the race is the day after my show opens, and I have a show that night, so I will not be pushing it too much, but I would like to test myself.  As for the cause, if you are on facebook you have probably seen my messages about donations, but if you haven't please consider doing what you can.  A link on my facebook profile will take you right to my donation page, or if you email me at chasemccurdy@gmail.com I will send you the details.  This is a great cause, so please consider even $1.

30%

When I got on the scale this morning I weighed in at 308.2, which means that give or take an ounce or two I have lost 30% of my original body weight.  That is 3/5 of the way to my goal in about 3/5 of a year.   This gives me a really good chance to reach my goal weight, or at least be within striking distance, by spring of next year.  My pace may have slowed a bit, but it is hard to argue with the results so far.  30% is a bit more esoteric than a hard numbers goal, like 100 pounds lost, but it is double the major milestone that Weight Watchers sets, and those folks know what is going on.  It also gives me a measuring stick that is scalable.  Whether you started at 200 or 400 30% is huge.  The next goalpost is only a short way off, but it is one I have been looking forward to for a long time.  Get ready to celebrate because I am a stone's throw from being under 300 pounds for the first time in about 11 years.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching 30%!

    I was thinking that it might be cool to compare the measurements I took for the JTB costumes back in January to your measurements now (or in Janurary 2011)... but I can't find the paper I wrote them down on! I will keep looking, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. A race!!! I am stunned. Way to go, son!

    ReplyDelete