Saturday, September 18, 2010

Weigh in #34

Final countdown!  The show opens in 6 days and I am ready.  We all are.  Thanks so much to the whole cast for being incredible professionals and so giving on stage.  I know we have something that is funny, sounds great, and has a heart.  the last few runs before tech may be my favorite part of the process.  The kind of nuanced discoveries that feed me as an actor seem to come fast in the focused atmosphere of the last few runs.  Everyone has a firm grasp of who they are and it becomes so easy to play.  Because of all of that hard work, though, the amount of time I get to s[end on my health has been diminished.  I got out for a jog last night, but other than rehearsal that is the only real exercise I got this week.  Rehearsals are a bit demanding at times, and I am still struggling with the post show munchies, so my results are a little dampened by the late night eating.  I have tried to make a good choice with what I eat, but the best choice would be to not eat at all.  Oh well.  In both the rehearsal process and my health journey I have been fighting disappointment over not achieving perfection.  The words "good enough" used to be my mantra, but now they really bug me.  I just can't go to far in the other direction.  The struggle will be to appreciate my achievements, whatever they may be, and still stay hungry for more.  Here are the numbers:

Current Weight: 307.8 lbs
Starting Weight: 440.2 lbs
Weight Loss This Week: 2.2 lbs
Weight Loss Total: 132.4 lbs

Decent results, and pretty consistent with my last few weigh ins.  Two pounds and change may be what I should expect for the near future, certainly until the show opens and I have time to build a more weight loss centered routine.  This next week I will be happy to take whatever I can get.  I have rehearsal every day except Thursday (weird, I know, but my director thinks it gives extra momentum into opening), so exercise in any meaningful way will be hard to come by.  I also have the Race for the Cure bright and early Saturday morning, so be advised that next week my weigh in will be on Sunday.  That will allow me to be consistent with my timing (I try to weigh myself around 9:00 am after sleeping in a bit on weigh in days.  Allows for pretty consistent measurements) and take a little reward from the race with any ancillary weight loss that might give me.  Don't forget to think about a donation to this worth cause, and also to check your calendars for when you can see my show.  Discount tickets are up on Goldstar.com and great seats are still available at full price through the box office.  Message me for details or check out Bignoisetheater.org for all the information.  To quote my favorite book, "This is the deep breath before the plunge."

1 comment:

  1. Chase, Though you must not "settle" for good enough, you must also remember that there is only One Perfect One. With His help we can be the best that we can be. LYMTA

    ReplyDelete