Saturday, April 10, 2010

Weigh in #11

Four teeth down and hopefully a few pounds too.  It is Saturday, so in the spirit of tax season it is time for the weekly audit, so to speak.  This week was very positive, largely because I didn't eat much, especially Monday and Tuesday, when I basically ate only enough to keep my body from rebelling when I took my painkillers and to keep my stomach from rumbling too badly.  I have gradually added back some solid foods, but I still haven't broken 1500 calories in a day this week.  I haven't been all that hungry either because I have been eating mostly soup and other soft foods and the water content in those allow me to fill up with very few calories.  Since I have been resting I haven't really needed the energy either.  I posted about a milestone earlier this week, but now it is time to see the full results:

Current Weight: 386 lbs
Starting Weight: 440.2 lbs
Weight Loss This Week: 7.4 lbs
Weight Loss Total: 54.2 lbs

Excellent results, definitely more than I was expecting.  I had been so consistent lately that I thought even with the changes this week I would be in the 4 pound range, but I will take the extra any week.  I don't think I will emulate this week's techniques for future weeks because I feel it would not be healthy under normal circumstances to eat as little as I did this week.  I do feel that I can emulate this week's results, however, by continuing my good eating habits, with maybe making a few more cuts that I think are healthy and within my lifestyle, and exercising much more consistently.  I have found lately that I seem to lose more weight with weight oriented exercise mixed with aerobic than just pure aerobic.  Perhaps it is that I am not capable of exerting the kind of energy needed in aerobic exercise yet and the isotonic exercise pushes me farther in a less uncomfortable way, but the mix is definitely working, and it keeps me interested.  Once I am back to 100% I will get to the gym and out on the lakefront a bit more and experiment with combinations and see how I feel.   Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! When I got my wisdom teeth out I lost 5lbs in a week, so you win!

    ReplyDelete