Saturday, April 24, 2010

Weigh in #13

I am not a superstitious guy, but 13 has been an unlucky week for me.  My consumption was good, but the weight loss just wasn't as good as it has been.  I did not workout at all this week, which probably had a big effect on the results.  Between work and life, though, I didn't get to it.  I haven;t learned yet to make the time and I know I can get better at that.  I will be meeting with my friend Laura here in the next week or two to talk about my exercise plan.  She went to school with me at OU for theater and works as a personal trainer, among other things.  Here are this week's results:

Current Weight: 379 lbs
Starting Weight: 440.2 lbs
Weight Loss This Week: 2.6 lbs
Weight Loss Total: 61.2 lbs

I make it sound as if the results are terrible, and they are not by any means, but I am impatient and the last couple of weeks had been really nice with the 4 plus pounds lost.  Two and a half is right in the middle of my "recommended" weekly weight loss (I have read that 1/2 to 1% of your total body weight a week is a manageable pace that allows your body to recover more naturally.  I'll take more though.).  My appetite certainly recovered this week and I am fighting more hunger and cravings than I have had in a while.  You know my philosophy:  eat when I am hungry and try to be smart.  I wasn't as smart as I could have been this week, but I still had positive results.

Short post this week.  I have an apartment to clean, an audition to prepare for, and a treadmill to reintroduce myself to.

1 comment:

  1. Still, you are moving forward, so that's a plus!

    Making time for exercise is one of the hardest parts of taking weight loss serious, especially for people as busy as we are. Small steps might help? Like walking a few extra blocks or taking a walk on your lunch break. I did the walk thing this week and found a park a mere 10-15 minute walk from my office! Downtown! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete