Saturday, July 31, 2010

Weigh in #27

Now that was a week.  Other than an bump up in my weight over the last couple of days, which I was expecting with my poor habits this week.  Stress may also have played a part, as my body may have relaxed a bit once I finally booked the show.  hopefully between helping a friend move today and starting rehearsal this week I should get myself right back on track.  I just need to make sure I prepare the way I need to so I don't get stuck without a good meal option.  Here are this week's numbers:

Current Weight: 327.2 lbs
Starting Weight: 440.2 lbs
Weight Loss This Week: 1.2 lbs
Weight Loss Total: 113 lbs

Not bad all in all, but considering I was at 326 mid-week, I know I can do a bit better.

6 Months

Weigh in #1 was January 30th of this year, and yesterday marked exactly six months since that day.  It is amazing to think how far I have come since then.  My diet and palate have completely changed, I have doubled the pace at which I can walk (and I have even started throwing in some sprints), and of course I have lost 113 pounds.  I had no idea I could drop that much so fast.  Part of my inner monologue in the past that had held me back from starting this process was because I thought any meaningful progress would take forever.  That is the kind of thought process that sabotages both my health and my acting, because I shy away from the big risky choices and half-ass the whole thing.  I have already committed to no more of that, but I will go ahead and re-commit myself. 

On the other side of that coin I thought losing that much weight would have a more drastic effect on my appearance.  My body certainly has changed, but nowhere near as much as I thought 115 or so pounds would look like.  That is frustrating at times, but in a way it is a good thing.  Another one of my huge worries, and roadblocks to starting, was what I would look like after the weight loss.  I didn't know what my type would be, how it would affect my career, and a host of other things.  The fact that I think I still look like me, just a smaller, fewer chinned me, is a good thing.  I'll try to get a picture today so I can post a before/after.

One last, unexpected benefit has been the change to my work ethic.  Perhaps I simply have more energy, or perhaps one good choice begets another and so on and so on.  Whatever the reason I am working harder and smarter at my career in the theater than I ever have before.  In the last 6 months I have had as many auditions and callbacks as I had in the rest of my time in Chicago.  It drives me nuts to think what could have been, but looking forward I know I can work even harder to get to were I want to be.  I am not content to just get some work every now and then anymore.  Theater is my career and I plan to start treating it that way.  It may take some compromises with other aspect of my life, but knowing what it can be I refuse to let it be anything else.

Onward once again.  Looking at the math if I keep losing about 1% of my weight a week I should hit my goal about weigh in #70.  We'll see where things settle out in the end, but for the moment I am satisfied with how far I have come.

No comments:

Post a Comment