Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weigh in 2:4

There are consequences for going out partying the night before a weigh in.  I don't want to rationalize, excuse, or explain.  I am not particularly happy about this, so here come the numbers, followed shortly by what I plan to do about it:

Current Weight: 287.4 lbs
Starting Weight: 440.2 lbs
Weight Loss This Week: -2.4 lbs
Weight Loss in Year 2: -2.2 lbs
Weight Loss Total: 152.8 lbs

That won't work.  I have gotten lazy about this.  This week I made a choice to work on some good habits, and one of the habits I want to get back into is logging my calories again.  Instant accountability is indispensable. To reinforce this I will be posting my calorie totals at the end of every day for the next two weeks, since that is how long I have heard it takes to build a habit.  I will do this at night so that I will have an end point every day.  Snacking and mindless eating have been problems, far more so than bad choices with my meals.  I am eating mostly the right things at meals, but I am snacking on things that are too calorie dense.  So goodbye to hummus, guacamole, and salsa.  At least for a while.  None of these are particularly bad, but they lead me to eat less than ideal things, like chips.  I need to avoid those triggers for a while.

Today's Calorie Consumption: 2129

No comments:

Post a Comment