Saturday, June 5, 2010

Follow Up

Great news!  The audition went very well and I have been called back.  This is a theater company I really want to work for, so this is a big deal for me.  I feel like the positive result today is a product not only of the physical work I have been doing, which makes me much more marketable, but as a result of my improved personal habits.  I am preparing for things the way I should.  I am still far from where I need to be to achieve the kind of success I want.  I constantly fight the impulse to sit back, to do it later, to let someone else control what happens to me.  "Proactive" has become my new catch phrase and goal.  I have already had more auditions in the last 4 months than in my first 2 years in Chicago.  There aren't more theater companies, I am just doing the legwork.  It is discouraging to think what I could have done if I had been smarter sooner, but I refuse to lose any more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment